Friday, January 16, 2009

Hawaii







Hawaii Temple, Not that great of a picture




We flew out on the Red EYE, so we spent our last
Night on the North Side. This was our last
Sunset.













The Beach that got the best of me !


I was laying on the beach and opened my eyes and this is what i saw. It takes me back every time.

Hawaii,

Its been awhile since we were in Hawaii.

Buddy had come home from a long week of work in California. That same day he asked me if i wanted to go to Hawaii. And of course i did. He then went on to tell me that the following week he would be going to Hawaii for work and if i wanted to go we would only have to cover my airfare. What fool wouldn't take an opportunity like this. So he called his Boss and said it was a go. The Kids stayed with Grammy and Grumpy. And things were taken care of at work for me and we were off to Hawaii.
It all happen so fast. Most people have time to anticipate the adventure. When we were there i still couldn't believe it.
I was looking through a few photos and was starting to feel a little depressed just remembering the beauty. And thought it would be nice to share a few fun WARM pictures.

Buddy mostly worked, which was a bummer for him. I woke up each day for a nice run on the Beach. Enjoyed a Breakfast at a little diner. Shopped around and my very favorite.... laying in the HOT sun, breaking a sweat and listened to the water crash into shore. We were there a week . Buddy worked over 60 hours but we still managed to site see. Buddy lived in Hawaii for 3-4 months after graduating from High School. So he was familiar with a few things to do in some places that not many tourist would know much about. We went snorkeling, saw some very beautiful water falls. One day we went to a beach on the other side of the island, the tide was high that day. I had only been in the ocean one other time when i was 12. The water was mellow that one time. Buddy and some of our friends were out catching waves. So i thought i would wade out. I didn't get to far. The water would come in to the shore line and would hit at your ankles then the next time it would be as far up as your knees. Apparently i didn't realize the power water could have because, the next thing i knew i was making sand castles in my swimsuit bottoms. I had sand stuck to my scalp, in my ears and in areas that cant be mentioned. I was finding sand for the rest of our vacation.



1 comment:

Nicole Earl said...

Wow! Guess where I just got home from on the 19th? Yep Hawaii! We went to Maui. LOVE it. I need to catch up on my blog! I'll put some pic on it!